General Dock Policies
GENERAL DOCK POLICIES for His Place Resort - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- GUIDE SERVICES POLICY - All Guide Services must be booked through our office unless prior approval is given. As we run our own guide service, please understand that we reserve the right to refuse service to those trying to use our property and/or facilities for the benefit of other guide services. If shuttle service is required due to low water or other river conditions, a $9 per trip gas surcharge may apply. Guided Fishing trips cannot be rescheduled due to inclement weather. We will fish in the rain, and return to the dock to wait out any lightning that may be in the vicinity.
- DAMAGES - You are responsible for leaving your accommodations, rentals & our facilities in the same condition (with normal use) as found when you arrived. The guest booking the reservation is ultimately responsible for paying for damages should someone in his party fail to do so. Should damages be discovered during your stay or after your departure, an itemized invoice will be sent and your credit card will be charged appropriately.
- REFUSAL OF SERVICE - We reserve the right to refuse or discontinue service to anyone 1.) creating a safety hazard or refusing to follow safety instructions of our staff, 2.) intoxicated or under the influence, 3.) acting in an aggressive or threatening manner, 4.) intentionally damaging property, or 5.) using our facilities to operate their own fishing or guide service.
BOAT DOCK SERVICES POLICIES:
- FOG – For your safety, Boats, Canoes & Kayaks may not leave until the trees on the west bank across from the dock can be seen clearly. We reserve the right to determine safe conditions.
- DEPARTURE – A Safety Check out is REQUIRED before you leave the dock, even if you’ve had safety check outs on previous visits. John Boats may leave the dock no earlier than 7:30 AM, never before sunrise, and Canoes & Kayaks not before 9:00 AM. For john boat rentals, a full day is considered 8+ hours, and a half day is 4 hours from the time you depart. Half-day rentals can typically start any time of the day, but we reserve the right to require either AM or PM depending on demand.
- RETURN - Boats, Canoes & Kayaks not back to the dock one hour before sunset or 7:00 PM, whichever is earlier, will be charged $10 for each 10 minutes late.
- AGE - Boat operators must be a minimum of 21 years of age, with a valid state-issued Driver’s License, and if required, a boater's safety card issued from his or her home state.
- CAPACITY - John Boat Capacity for rentals: 750 lb., persons + gear. Guided Fishing Trip Capacity: 650 lb., guests + personal gear. Canoe Capacity: 500 lb., persons + gear. Kayak capacity: 250 lb., person + gear. We reserve the right to determine safe capacity.
- YOUR EQUIPMENT - Guests may bring their own boats & motors, or other equipment if they wish. We do not charge guests for use of the ramp, but you do so at your own risk, and do hereby hold blameless His Place Resort, its management, employees & agents for bodily injury, death, loss of personal property, and any and all damages and / or expenses thereof, as a result of such activities.
- SAFETY - The White River has periods of high rushing water, and we advise you to wear the Coast Guard Approved personal flotation devices we provide. Do not put your boat, canoe or kayak in an inherently dangerous position such as being close to obstructions, letting out or dragging chains / anchors, or tying to trees or other objects during periods of high water. Drag chains are not allowed. You must understand that motors are mechanical devices, and can fail for any number of reasons, such as getting into large moss beds, air bubbles in fuel lines, running into gravel bars/other submerged objects, fuel problems, operator error, other mechanical failures, etc., and by renting from us you understand that when this happens, you must use the paddles to keep away from obstructions while signaling for help or troubleshooting the problem. Never leave Boats, Canoes or Kayaks unattended on the banks at any time. Shuttle service is not available for the resort's john boats.
- YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES REGARDING SAFETY - You are responsible for yourself and all parties in the boat or canoe with you, and do hereby hold blameless His Place Resort, its management, employees & agents for bodily injury, death, loss of personal property, and any and all damages and / or expenses thereof, as a result of such activities.
- YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES REGARDING DAMAGES TO OUR EQUIPMENT - You will be fully liable for damaged or lost equipment or other personal property belonging to His Place Resort, and give us permission to make assessments as to the extent of property damage, including boat, prop, motor, canoe, etc., and apply appropriate charges. Please check your homeowner’s insurance before you rent! You may not be covered for damages. Minimum charge for a sunken john boat is $3000. For example, a non-recovered john boat & motor will cost you over $7500. A Visa/MC with $3000 minimum available credit is required for all dock service rentals.
By using any of our Dock Services or Rentals, you agree that:
- You have read, understand, and agree to the Policies as outlined.
- Your liability for your bill is not waived and you agree to be held personally liable for all charges, regardless of the failure of other parties to do so.
- You understand your responsibilities for Damages as outlined in the Policies, and agree to let His Place Resort assess any and all such damages, whether discovered before or after your departure, and charge your credit card accordingly.
- His Place Resort – Prices & Policies subject to change without notice. Policies posted on the website are the most current, and supersede any previous version(s).
For a complete list of all His Place Resort General Policies - click here