POLICIES for His Place Resort - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
We want you to feel relaxed and worry-free when you make a reservation with us. Times change, and we understand that your life is more hectic than ever and sometimes you need flexibility... We asked you what a good, easy to understand cancellation policy should be, and we listened!
So, effective since summer 2013, we continue to offer a very forgiving, if not the most lenient, cancellation policy of any of our competition.
We wish we could do away with it completely, but please understand that we rely almost entirely on reservations made in advance. Once we take your reservation, your lodging, guides, and boat rentals are no longer available, and we turn away all other requests. We also have to pay guides whether you fish or not. Further, we don't overbook like hotels to cover such occurrences. This policy protects you, our guides, and still allows us to operate our business. Our policies apply to all reservations in the case of inclement weather or varying river conditions.
DEPOSITS AND CANCELLATION FEES
- A credit card deposit is required at time of booking, either Visa/MC.
- Deposits are as follows:
- Lodging deposit - 1st night + tax for each room reserved,
- Guided spin fishing trips - $165 (flat rate),
- Fly fishing trips - $260 (flat rate)
- Campsites, John boats, canoes and kayak rentals - $0 deposit required
- Deposits will be returned with 15 days or more notice of cancellation, change or postponement, less a $49 cancellation fee. (Multiple rooms or Guide Trips require 22 days notice.) We refund deposits by company check only, which will be postmarked within 1 week of your notice.
- No Shows or cancellations, changes and postponements occurring less than 15 days forfeit all deposits (22 days for multiple rooms or guide trips).
- Early departures / shorter stays pay for only 1 more night of lodging. (Example: Reserve 5 nights, stay only 2, pay for 3) Early departures / shorter stays will forfeit all guide trip deposits.
- Downgrades to smaller units are allowed, but forfeit 1st night lodging deposit on larger room if notice is given less than 15 days (or 22 days for multiple rooms).
In order for us to maintain such a liberal cancellation policy, we must work together. Please, if you know you're not going to make it, notify us as soon as possible.
GENERAL RESERVATION POLICIES
- ACCEPTED FORMS OF PAYMENT AT CHECKOUT – Cash, Traveler's Check, Company Check, Personal Check, Visa/MC. Bad Check Charge is $35.
- CHECK IN / CHECK OUT - All guests must check in upon arrival. For guests arriving after the office closes, we will put up signs to direct you. Lights will be on, door will be unlocked, and we will see you in the morning. Check in time is 3:00 PM. Check out time is 10:00 AM. Unless you have received pre-authorization for a late checkout, a fee equal to your first night’s lodging will apply after this time. If you are not in the room, your belongings will be moved to the office, and you agree that you will not hold His Place Resort liable for any damage or loss.
- SMOKING POLICY – All Lodging is NON-SMOKING, however you may smoke outside. Additional cleaning charges equal to a minimum of 1 night’s stay will be charged for smoking inside. We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
- NO PET POLICY – We regret that we absolutely do not allow pets anywhere on the property. Pets cannot be kept in your vehicle, either. Minimum $500 charge for undeclared pets and additional damages may be charged at our discretion. No exceptions except for service animals as defined by the ADA, and therefore required by law. Comfort, Emotional Support, and Therapy animals are not service animals as defined by the ADA, and are not allowed.
- GUIDE SERVICES POLICY - All Guide Services must be booked through our office unless prior approval is given. As we run our own guide service, please understand that we reserve the right to refuse service to those trying to use our property and/or facilities for the benefit of other guide services. If shuttle service is required due to low water or other river conditions, a $9 per trip gas surcharge may apply. Guided Fishing trips cannot be rescheduled due to inclement weather. We will fish in the rain, and return to the dock to wait out any lightning that may be in the vicinity.
- FIREARMS POLICY - We welcome the responsibly armed citizen, but ask that you please carry concealed (if legal for you), but always in strict accordance with the laws of Arkansas. Never Leave Your Firearms Unattended in the lodging or campsites. Safely secure them in your vehicle, or better yet - keep them on you!
- DAMAGES - You are responsible for leaving your accommodations, rentals & our facilities in the same condition (with normal use) as found when you arrived. The guest booking the reservation is ultimately responsible for paying for damages should someone in his party fail to do so. Should damages be discovered during your stay or after your departure, an itemized invoice will be sent and your credit card will be charged appropriately.
- WEEKEND AND HOLIDAY MINIMUMS - Weekend bookings require a two (2) night minimum stay; weekend nights are considered Friday & Saturday. Holiday bookings require a three (3) night minimum stay. Lodges 11 and 12 always have a 2 night minimum and 3 night minimum stay for holidays.
- REFUSAL OF SERVICE - We reserve the right to refuse or discontinue service to anyone 1.) creating a safety hazard or refusing to follow safety instructions of our staff, 2.) intoxicated or under the influence, 3.) acting in an aggressive or threatening manner, 4.) intentionally damaging property, or 5.) using our facilities to operate their own fishing or guide service.
BOAT DOCK SERVICES POLICIES:
- FOG – For your safety, Boats, Canoes & Kayaks may not leave until the trees on the west bank across from the dock can be seen clearly. We reserve the right to determine safe conditions.
- DEPARTURE – A Safety Check out is REQUIRED before you leave the dock, even if you’ve had safety check outs on previous visits. John Boats may leave the dock no earlier than 7:30 AM, never before sunrise, and Canoes & Kayaks not before 9:00 AM. For john boat rentals, a full day is considered 8+ hours, and a half day is 4 hours from the time you depart. Half-day rentals can typically start any time of the day, but we reserve the right to require either AM or PM depending on demand.
- RETURN - Boats, Canoes & Kayaks not back to the dock one hour before sunset or 7:00 PM, whichever is earlier, will be charged $10 for each 10 minutes late.
- AGE - Boat operators must be a minimum of 21 years of age, with a valid state-issued Driver’s License, and if required, a boater's safety card issued from his or her home state.
- CAPACITY - John Boat Capacity for rentals: 750 lb., persons + gear. Guided Fishing Trip Capacity: 650 lb., guests + personal gear. Canoe Capacity: 500 lb., persons + gear. Kayak capacity: 250 lb., person + gear. We reserve the right to determine safe capacity.
- YOUR EQUIPMENT - Guests may bring their own boats & motors, or other equipment if they wish. We do not charge guests for use of the ramp, but you do so at your own risk, and do hereby hold blameless His Place Resort, its management, employees & agents for bodily injury, death, loss of personal property, and any and all damages and / or expenses thereof, as a result of such activities.
- SAFETY - The White River has periods of high rushing water, and we advise you to wear the Coast Guard Approved personal flotation devices we provide. Do not put your boat, canoe or kayak in an inherently dangerous position such as being close to obstructions, letting out or dragging chains / anchors, or tying to trees or other objects during periods of high water. Drag chains are not allowed. You must understand that motors are mechanical devices, and can fail for any number of reasons, such as getting into large moss beds, air bubbles in fuel lines, running into gravel bars/other submerged objects, fuel problems, operator error, other mechanical failures, etc., and by renting from us you understand that when this happens, you must use the paddles to keep away from obstructions while signaling for help or troubleshooting the problem. Never leave Boats, Canoes or Kayaks unattended on the banks at any time. Shuttle service is not available for the resort's john boats.
- YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES REGARDING SAFETY - You are responsible for yourself and all parties in the boat or canoe with you, and do hereby hold blameless His Place Resort, its management, employees & agents for bodily injury, death, loss of personal property, and any and all damages and / or expenses thereof, as a result of such activities.
- YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES REGARDING DAMAGES TO OUR EQUIPMENT - You will be fully liable for damaged or lost equipment or other personal property belonging to His Place Resort, and give us permission to make assessments as to the extent of property damage, including boat, prop, motor, canoe, etc., and apply appropriate charges. Please check your homeowner’s insurance before you rent! You may not be covered for damages. Minimum charge for a sunken john boat is $3000. For example, a non-recovered john boat & motor will cost you over $7500. A Visa/MC with $3000 minimum available credit is required for all dock service rentals.
By booking with us, you agree that:
- You have read, understand, and agree to the Policies as outlined.
- Your liability for your bill is not waived and you agree to be held personally liable for all charges, regardless of the failure of other parties to do so.
- Check out time is 10:00 a.m. If you are not in the room after this time, you give His Place Resort staff full permission to move your belongings to the office, and will not hold His Place Resort liable for any damage or loss. You understand that there may be an additional charge of your first night’s rate payable on your account.
- You understand that if you smoke indoors, or allow others to smoke indoors, a minimum charge of your first night’s rate will be payable on your account.
- You certify that you will not have pets of any kind with you, nor will have them in your vehicle.
- You understand your responsibilities for Damages as outlined in the Policies, and agree to let His Place Resort assess any and all such damages, whether discovered before or after your departure, and charge your credit card accordingly.
- His Place Resort – Prices & Policies subject to change without notice. Policies posted on the website are the most current, and supersede any previous version(s).